Studio5000 version incompatability

BrandonM

Hello all,

I have what is hopefully a simple question. A piece of equipment on an new install project has an 1769-L18ERBB1B that was created in an older version of studio5000 (21.01) than we currently have(21.03). I have tried downloading this version from the Rockwell website with issues arising twice. Since the download takes 4 hours because of our internet connection speed I decided that I will just try to convert the file to eliminate having to download this version on every PC. My question is when I upload and convert the program it askes for a download. If I removed the compact flash card and download this program and it screws something up can I just power down the PLC stick the flash card with the old program on it and boot the PLC back up to load the old program? Or once it is converted it this a done deal? Any insight would be great. Thanks

If you upload it to a 21.03 version, it will be converted. If you then download it back, ONLY Studio5000 V 21.03 will ever be able to access it again.
The .01 and .03 versions are very very very different, with .03 being (cough) more "Secure".

See Rockwell's technote 565684 for more information.