Help with a g308a230

stiman

Hello guys!
I want to connect a redlion g308a230 to a computer with a usb cable, i'm using crimson 3.0 and I want to extract the program from the g308a230.
But when i do Link->Extract the program doesn't respond, how can I do?

Yes it was set on usb, no problems with the driver.
I finally made it work by rebooting the g308a230 while crimson was trying to connect, but I need to reboot it everytime I want to upload something to the g308a230, is there a way without rebooting it?

Yes it was set on usb, no problems with the driver.
I finally made it work by rebooting the g308a230 while crimson was trying to connect, but I need to reboot it everytime I want to upload something to the g308a230, is there a way without rebooting it?

No, you shouldn't need to reboot the unit to extract the configuration. There may be an issue with the drivers on your PC.

However, unless you have other folks working on the G308, or are changing passwords on the display, I wouldn't bother extracting every time you want to make a configuration change - just keep a good backup and start with it.

Not only for extracting but to upload something on it too I need to reboot it. I'm the only one working on it, the computer is on Windows 7 32bits, where can I find the good drivers for the redlion g308a230 to connect with an usb cable?
I think that the g308a230 need to stay on the bootscreen to connect to the computer, is it possible to do it?

I've never had any issues downloading to a G3 over USB while the unit was running. I did find some information about extracting on Pg#15 of the Crimson 3.0 user manual and also info on the attached PDF regarding the USB port.

I had a similar problem not long ago. As instructed by Red Lion tech support. I created a small (one button) database using crimson 2.0 and uploaded it to the G3. This apparently clears some condition in the G3 that crimson 3.0 can't deal with.

After that go back and upload your crimons3.0 database.

Thanks, the problem has been resolved, I used a button with the StopSystem() function to reboot the g308 when I wanted to upload a new program to it.
But I now use an other pc and I don't need to reboot it manually anymore.