DEW formula

siggibald

hihi

i'm programing micrologix 1100 plc for drying room and i have to use this formula for calculate dew

Dew%20Point.JPG

is that possibel

If each step of the calculation can be done individually with the step result saved to a floating point number, then do the next step & save that, then continue until you have the final result

IE:
17.62 * T = F8:1
243.12 + T = F8:2
F8:1 / F8:2 = F8:3
RH / 100 = F8:4

etc...

If each step of the calculation can be done individually with the step result saved to a floating point number, then do the next step & save that, then continue until you have the final result

IE:
17.62 * T = F8:1
243.12 + T = F8:2
F8:1 / F8:2 = F8:3
RH / 100 = F8:4

etc...

okey bud how do you use the ln in the formula ??

I have never tried it but this is supposedly a simple formula that will give you a approximate Dewpoint (Td).

Td = T - ((100 - RH)/5.)
That formula works okay if RH>50%.

Here in the desert where you get low RH it is worthless.

For example: At 20C and 50% RH, the difference is less than a degree.

At 40C and 20% RH, the more accurate formula is 12.78C while this simple formula is 24C, over an 11 degree difference.

So, I'm assuming the drying room is more like the desert than the Bering Sea. :)