Recipes In A Rrd Lion G3 HMI

jpfletcher

I'd like to create a recipe in a G306A HMI. I want to save a position like 14.500" to a recipe location then be able to retrieve it to a different location for the machine to move to. Has anybody done anything like this before? Thanks.

There are a handful of ways to implement "recipes" using Red Lion operator interfaces.

The most straightforward way is to use Array tags. Make an Array for each ingredient in the Recipe, and use an Index value as the Recipe number.

For example, let's say you have values for Time, Temperature and Pressure.

Time[0] = 20 minutes
Time[1] = 35 minutes
Time[2] = 15 minutes

Temperature[0] = 160 degrees
Temperature[1] = 180 degrees
Temperature[2] = 210 degrees

Pressure[0] = 14 PSI
Pressure[1] = 16 PSI
Pressure[2] = 12 PSI

Now let's say that our "Recipe" means that we want to select element 2 from each of those arrays. We'll use a tag called 'RecNo' as the array index.

For RecNo = 2
Time[RecNo] = 15 minutes
Temperature[RecNo] = 210 degrees
Pressure[RecNo]=12 PSI

I've got a very simple recipe example around here somewhere...

I think you're asking how to assign a value from an object like a Numeric Entry (in Crimson 3 they are called Data Box objects) to an element of an Array Tag.

You could do that directly by making the Data Box address an element in the Array Tag.

Or you could do it by having a command or event perform an assignment of the value from the Data Box to an element of the Array Tag.

Let's say you have a Data Box object on the screen, configured for data entry. The integer Tag associated with it is called "NewValue".

When you click on the Data Box, and enter a valid integer, that number is placed into the NewValue Tag.

To get that number also into an element of the Array Tag, go to the Entry tab, then the Actions section, and configure the On Entry Complete action.

Change the type to "Complex Code", click Edit, then enter a single line of C-like program code to perform an Assignment.

Code:
Recipe_Value[1] := NewValue ;

When you enter a new value into that Data Box, the value will be placed both into the Tag NewValue and into the tag Recipe_Value[1].

I created a program that runs in the background to send the recipe data from the Red Lion to my drive. It uses the same principle posted above about creating a tag that points to a device, and an internal array tag.
I only do a few of these a year so I don't invest much time into developing it further.

"Set Parameters" Program:
Parameter_1 = Parameter_1_Array[Recipe];
Parameter_2 = Parameter_2_Array[Recipe];

Side note - does anyone know a method to keep all of the array data when updating the screen?

Save the data to a text file on the compact flash and read the data on powerup to your array. That way retentive / non-retentive is not as important.

If you update your screen, it will re-read the file again.
Good to give yourself a back door to read the data on a push button as well in case you want to make changes to the text file via usb and need to refresh the data in the array.