Uploading PF40 parameters on DeviceNet

beethoven_ii

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a client with 7 lines of conveyors which each have up to 30 Powerflex 40 drives on DeviceNet. I have vpn access to the site and am trying to upload all networks and parameters to update my files for some work I have to do on the site. I originally installed the first 5 lines and can access these without any issue. The last 2 lines were installed after I left the company I used to work for and at the moment I don't have copies of the original RSNetworx files. The plc's are all version 16.2 L55 CLX and the drives are on Devicenet using 1756-DNB scanners. the lines I installed had revision 7.001 scanners and the 2 newer ones are revision 11.003.

I can browse the networks of the newer lines and see everything that is connected, I can upload the scanner parameters but whenever I try to upload any drive parameters it errors after getting a few parameters. Sometimes it will error on parameter 3, sometimes 7, or I've even got up to parameters 27 before it bombed out. On each line there is only a master scanner, a slave scanner and the drives.

The kind of error I'm getting is 'Message Code EDS:2011 - Address 01: Communication Error(0xC) 'Error response received: [0x0401, 0x0204]. Unable to establish communications with the target device.', SCIA(0xE, 0xF, 0x4403, 0x1), Param3'

The drives on the newer lines are version 6.001 whereas on the older lines they were version 3.003. Over the years some drives have been replaced on the older lines and so there are some version 6.001 on the old lines which I can upload from without any issues.

I have tried this over the vpn using version 10 and version 11 of RSNetworx and seem unable to upload the drive parameters. I am trying mainly on an XP VM which has RSNetworx V10, Logix5000 versions 10.07, 16.03 & 17.01 installed along with FactoryTalk View Studio V6. I have also tried it on my Win7 64bit laptop which has RSNetworx V11, All supported versions of Logix5000 up to 20.01 andFactoryTalk View Studio 7.

I have also downloaded the latest EDS files for the drives and installed them, rebooted etc but without success.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or know what I might need to do to get round this problem?

Disappointed to get no replies but today I discovered that failing to upload the parameters only occurs when the drives are running. When they are stopped it works fine which means that monitoring the drive online is impossible. Not sure why this happens, may have to consult tech support.