(Siemens) S7 200 with dual Comfort panels???

obryanjf

1st post, pulling my hear out:
S7-200 PLC from legacy system, prgmd with V4.0 MicroWin.
2xKP400 Comfort panels prgmd wiht TIA Portal V13

I can't seem to get both panels to display the info at the same time. They are connected wiht Profibus (purple) cable. One at S7(id2), then to Panel(id5) then to panel(id6). I've tried no networking and tried adding a profibus network with address above. The s7 does not seem to have many options to configure the profibus, it just exists? The panels have lots of options and I've tried many different combinations, but nothing seems to work.

Its a legacy S7 system, and there is no network, so Profinet is not workable, as I understand it.

Any thoughts on what I'm not doing right?

I actually didn't even know the comfort panels supported the S7-200. It is possible the 200 only supports one HMI connection at a time, it is designed to be a small controller.

However, it IS possible to get the HMI's to share data between each other. That way HMI1 is getting data from the PLC, and HMI2 gets data from HMI1. There are a couple ways to do it, including HTTP data or OPC. It would probably be required to connect the HMI's to each other with Ethernet, even if HMI1 connects to the PLC using profibus. I don't have any example projects, but the Siemens website might.