PID_Compact S7-1200 strange error/warning

tim2

Using TIA Portal V13 and PID_Compact to control a flow valve in a simple level control application using a pressure sensor.

The problem is somewhere in the output value limits/time configured for the cyclic interrupt OB.

If I configure the OB30 cyclic time for say a second or more, I get the following warning after a successful pretuning/fine tuning.
16#0020: The cycle time of the calling OB limits the sampling time of the PID algorithm. Improve results by using shorter OB cycle times.
Other than that, the pretuning and fine tuning work, PID parameters are calculated, and everything works.

If I configure it for shorter values, say 100ms, I get the following error during pretuning. (actually the progress bar goes really fast, when it reaches the end, it outputs the following error: (I can't find anything wrong with the output value limits, and it doesn't mind them with the longer cycle time)).

16#0080: Error during pretuning. Incorrect configuration of output value limits.

Everything still works afterward, but it faults out of the pretuning.

Help

Currently am trying to create a new project and copy components in one at a time until I find the part that's causing the problem.

Do you get an error if that register is not configured?

I think it will try to set its own cycle time if you leave it blank, also if tuning fails, it should go back to previous settings.