PLC5/40E Message Instructions

BenL

When creating a new input on a remote microLogix transmitting to the PLC5 via 9810 MDS Data Interface on Channel 0. Will the data file automatically be read and filed into the corresponding data table? For instance in a messsage instuction on the setup screen, the target device info for the compactlogix will already be assigned to that file? Or would it have to be created in the PLC5 as well? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

I'm really not sure what you are asking, but if you are writing to a file in a 5 or 500 or Micrologix, the file must already exist, and be sized to at least the element you are writing to.

Similar Topics

I have an upcoming job where I will need to communicate via Ethernet between a PLC5/40E and an ABB AC800. The ABB is equipped with their PE1364C...
Replies
Views
In one of my project, end-user wants to connect Controllogix 1756 IO's with PLC 5/40E controller on DH+ protocol. 1756 DHRIO card is installed in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm a Siemens expert but currently need to do a bit of AB PLC5 work. I have a PLC5/40E. I would like to know if I can add my own N...
Replies
Views
Hello I am troubleshooting a PID. My set output percentage from my SCADA is 60%. However when my PID is in manual my CV is stuck at 20%??? I can...
Replies
Views
Here's a new one for me... Over weekend, one of our plants went on the fritz. On Friday when we closed up everything worked fine, normal...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom