writing a program

dpooler

Write a program that will control a jog/run motor control circuit. A.Inputs:two position selector switch (jog/run),jog pb,run pb,stop pb. B.outputs:Motor starter

I give you about a 5% chance of receiving an answer posting stuff like that.

true.. I should state "legit answer" because I sense there are plenty of answers coming.

dpooler,

Most of the people on this forum won't do (what looks like) your homework for you. They will be much more willing to help if you show you are willing to do the work for yourself, and want experts to learn from. If you post what your first thoughts are, and an attempt at the ladder logic yourself, you will likely get people to give you helpful critiques and ideas.

And asking a question usually involves a question mark and a please.

Thanks mk42 for the advice. I am a first year,first semester student of PLC programming.My answer to the question was: A NC stop/pb and with a NO run/pb and NO jog/pb or with a internal MS and a NC jog/run switch and controlling the MS.

I’m giving the benefit of doubt to dpooler that maybe he misunderstands what this web page is. What it’s not is somewhere to simply post what the questions is and assume (or demand) that the answer will appear. What it is, is a place to pose questions with appreciation and respect for those who are, out of their own kindness, willing to share their expertise and help others learn not only the needed answer but maybe a better understanding of how to find answers themselves.
When you simply answer a question for someone you only teach them the answer to that question. When you help them to answer the question themselves you teach them how to find answers to future questions. Ask your teacher which one he/she prefers (also keep in mind that a lot of teachers watch this (and other) web page for “student’s questions”).

I’m giving the benefit of doubt to dpooler that maybe he misunderstands what this web page is. What it’s not is somewhere to simply post what the questions is and assume (or demand) that the answer will appear. What it is, is a place to pose questions with appreciation and respect for those who are, out of their own kindness, willing to share their expertise and help others learn not only the needed answer but maybe a better understanding of how to find answers themselves.
When you simply answer a question for someone you only teach them the answer to that question. When you help them to answer the question themselves you teach them how to find answers to future questions. Ask your teacher which one he/she prefers (also keep in mind that a lot of teachers watch this (and other) web page for “student’s questions”).

Unfortunately someone will succumb to their deep seated need to be right/helpful/acknowledged and will take 20 minutes to type out some ladder text in their reply. OP gets his answer, but doesn't learn a thing....about logic, or manners.

Actually i am just lookin for advice on how to solve the problem,weather iam on the right track or if iam not in the right ballpark. Im a the library with another PLC student and we are kinda stumped as to the answer. With much respect to this forum and the accomplished people in here i was just lookin for an alternative answer?

Dpooler think it thru, don't forget about the selector switch. It's not as hard as it seems.

Welcome to the forum. We are happy to tutor you, but please understand that someday you will be our coworker and we want you to be competent, so we won't just give you the answer.

Chances are you have already learned Boolean equations. Restate the question as a couple of equations.

OUTPUT = not JOG_RUN_SS and JOG_PB

also

OUTPUT = JOG_RUN_SS and (not STOP_PB and (START_PB or OUTPUT))

Now combine the two equations with the right Boolean operator (I leave that up to you to figure out). From there reducing the equation to LL should be elementary.

(I assumed that the jog/run selector is jog=0, run=1. Adjust accordingly if jog=1).

Last edited: