Factory Talk View ME

galaxian11

Hello all...

I have an issue I need help with. I accidentally deleted an application from the main folder that contains applications before being created into runtime app. The runtime application still exists in the runtime folder, but I can't figure out how to move it back into the main folder. Any suggestions?

Thanks

What version View Studio & Runtime file?

The Runtime files are not the same as the development files. You cannot move a Runtime file to the Projects folder and expect it to open in View Studio.

Are you saying that you deleted a "file" from a "folder" manually, or you deleted an application proper use the Application Manager?

A development *.MED file contains only a portion of the application while in development stage. Other files are, or should be present pertaining to the application. It's only when you Archive an application is it compressed into one APA file, or when you Create Runtime is it compiled into one MER file.

What folder are you referring to?
Is it the MED file you have deleted?
Is it, or whatever, recoverable through Windows?

If the development file, or files are "missing", can you Restore the application with the MER file, using the Application Manager?

This option will depend on which version the MER Runtime file was created at, and whether or not it was set to Allow Conversion to Development.

I'm curious how you did, or think you did, delete an application?
Deletion, renaming, etc., of FTView Studio applications, should only be carried out through the Application Manager. I would not be messing around too much with files in the Projects folder, etc., but we all get curious, don't we?

Regards
George

I deleted the application through Application Manager. I have been in the process of weeding out the old PLC and HMI programs that have been polluting our laptops. The company I work for has had quite-a-few engineers over the years who have left a lot of unused programs and backups. I am somewhat new in the engineering field, but think it's important to keep these files condensed and organized. In doing so I accidentally deleted the wrong Development Application (.med). Now I cannot figure out how to change the (.mer) file back to (.med) file so I can do editing as needed. Thanks

You can restore the .mer using the Application Manager.

From FactoryTalk Studio Tools -> Application Manager

The bottom selection should be "restore runtime application" this will restore the HMI project folder.

I tried that already but a pop up states the file cannot be located. I have decided to create a new project application.

Thanks

Don't give up so easy, deleting the project doesn't delete the runtime file it created. Post the MER file, we can try to un-compile into a APA file that you can restore.