VB communication component

Sergiopd

Hello,

A few months ago I've used a visual basic component (ocx) to make a ethernet link between my application (made in VB code) and a GEFANUC 90-30 but that was expensive enough to make me think about another choice. Does anyone know a free visual basic component that would allow me to make an ethernet link between the PC and a GE or Allen Bradley PLC?

When I was in my early teens in Columbus Ohio a neighbor and I filled a box with dog poop, wrapped it in wrapping paper, put a big bow on it and left it on the sidewalk to see what would happen. Eventually someone came along and discovered the find and brought it into her friends house. A few minutes later she came running out of the house frantically wiping her hands.

Moral of the story, you don't get something for nothing.

This said, I recommend paying the $600-$800 price tag for an activeX or OPC server. You'll save yourself a lot of headaches, have a complete protocol command set, and save money in the end.

Automated Soloutins has an ActiveX for GE Ethernet. You can download a demo here:

http://www.automatedsolutions.com/products/asgesrtp.asp

They've also got ActiveX controls for A-B.

For an OPC server, check out Kepware or Matrikon. For A-B you can use RSLinx OEM or better.

Good Luck,

(8{)} ( .)

Yosi

Everone Knows, Scada Programmes Are Very Expensive. So I Am Finding A Companent Or Dll For "siemens Plc (s7200 And S7300 Series)" Communacation With Pc.

I Will Use This Companent With Vb Or Delphi Compiler.

If Have You Got This Companent Plase Help Me.

Thanks For Your Help...

We always use the winsock component to connect with our Festo PLC's. Both UDP & TCP protocols can be used and it's easy to configure. If you're using VB6 I can have a look if I can send you a small example program with WinSock communication.
Let me know!

zorgelmezhakan said:
So I Am Finding A Companent Or Dll For "siemens Plc (s7200 And S7300 Series)" Communacation With Pc.
libnodave is an OpenSource communication library for S7-communication (S7-200/300/400) under Linux and Windows.
Examples for VB and a Delphi-component are also included.

afk

afk said:
libnodave is an OpenSource communication library for S7-communication (S7-200/300/400) under Linux and Windows.
Examples for VB and a Delphi-component are also included.

afk
and libOpenSRTP is a similar library for GE Fanuc.