S7-1200 programming from SD Card

boros000

Hello,
I have a short question.
I have an S7-1200 at the other side of the world. I have to program it.
What I think:
- I need a Siemens SD card(must be siemens)
- I need a card reader (regular card reader)
- from TIA I transfer to SD card the project
- I send with post the card
- They introduce the card in the CPU
- Program transfers automatically

Am I right?
Wich step is incorrect?
Thank you.

All Correct.
But then You will have no possibility of changing running program.
I think PC with TIA portal installed and TeamViewer will make the job better.

OK. Thank you or your answer. Very short and precise.
They don't want to buy TIA and we don't want to visit them, so we send the program by card, if they want a modification, we send and other card :) and so on.

If you want them to put the card in to the PLC, then the program is transferred, then they remove the card, then you must set it to type 'Transfer'. If you want to send the card and it lives permanently in the PLC, then you must set type to 'Program'. Make sure that the Firmware version of your program matches the Firmware version of the PLC.

Just to cause confusion you have to set it to Transfer mode after you copy the program to it. I was very confused for a while because I was setting it to 'Transfer' beforehand and then it gets reset to 'Program' mode when you copy a program to it.