RSLogix Micro error loop

manin

Hi, I am using the rslogix micro starter lite for plc studying.
I have made a very simple program.
I try to Go Online and I get this message.
"Program in processor has changed causing Offline state. Do you want to Upload?"
I choose yes. Then I get another message.
"Do you want to go Online?"
I choose yes...And the it goes to the first message again, and it goes in an no ending loop between the two messages...

What kind of PLC are you trying to program?
Keep in mind that "upload" is from the PLC to the PC. "download" is from the PC to the PLC. It sounds like you might be trying to upload from a PLC that is not compatible with RSLogix lite. It only works with MicroLogix 1000's and 1100's.
Also note that you must be offline to download a program into a PLC

Hi Manin,Have you downloaded the code first?if you have downloaded then this error comes when there is a change in the code.Pls download again and you will be able to go online.

Hello, I am working with emulator...
I tried again to upload, but no luck...
So I guess that this is not possible with the emulator...
Thanks anyway :)

Just so we're clear - after you develop the logic you must DOWNLOAD it to the processor. After this comes the offer to go on line.

If the processor (emulator) has no program in it an UPLOAD will accomplish nothing.

In PLC parlance UPLOAD and DOWNLOAD refer to directions. UPLOAD moves from one device to another superior/smarter device. DOWNLOAD moves to a subordinate device.

Right or wrong, in today's world, DOWNLOAD means from programming computer to PLC. UPLOAD means from PLC to programming computer. This is something that has more or less evolved over the years. Early on there was always confusion because different manufacturers described it differently. As you stated, the Emulator represents a PLC.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
Can I ask something else?
I have a problem during developing ladder code.
I have for example a customer that wants me to build a smart home...
So I have to translate his wishes to data and the develop my project...
Is there any guide/tutorial to help me start doing this in a wright way?
Also using rslogix micro starter, inputs have are like this : I:0/0, I:0/1, I:0/2, I:1/1 etc...I guess that the first zero, is to categorize the inputs. I tried to put I:1/0 and I:1/1 and I was getting an error...
The same for outputs.

Thanks a lot :)

Hello,

The example you give of I:0/0....etc. would be the imbedded inputs that are on the Micrologix controller itsef.
(Same for the outputs O:0/0....etc.)

If you were to add a Digital Input Expansion Module directly to the right side of the Micrologix then the Inputs from this module would be assigned as I:1/0...etc.
(Same would apply for an Output Expansion Module O:1/0....etc)

The Micrologix itself is considered slot 0.
The First Expansion Module you add is considered slot 1.
The 2nd Expansion Module you add is considered slot 2, etc.

BCS

Last edited: