ti-128

Hi

Guess what I found - a TI100 series PLC manual. Dated 1984. It's amazing what you find when you're not looking for it!

A single timer in the TI128 could only run for 99 secs maximum. To create a 5 hour timer you will have to use a counter with a timer. Set the timer for 60 secs and then count 300 periods of this. The code for this could be -

STR 0 // Start with input 0
AND NOT TMR 0 // in series with TMR0 contact
OUT TMR 00 60.0 // TMR 00 output coil with 60 secs preset

STR TMR 0 // TMR00 contact as input to counter
STR 1 // Input 1 contact on parallel branch as reset to counter
OUT CTR 00 300 // both leading to CTR0 with preset of 300 counts

STR CTR 0 // CTR0 contact
OUT 50 // sets output 50 when 300 * 60 secs have elapsed

I hope I've got this right, and apologies to Scooter if your effort has been wasted. I just happened to come across this and I guess the time difference is in my favour at the moment!

Regards

Ken.

Yes I work nights, I will post this anyway:
ti2.jpg

Hi Dandrade,

The manual I have is a paper copy about 20 years old.
It is already falling apart (and may have pages missing).

There is no Internet link for this manual that I know of.

Sorry.

Ken.