Upgrading Panelview plus 6 and having problems with kepserver

DAnderson

We had to replace a bad Panelview plus 6. It was running factorytalk v5 and kepware v4. This unit is talking to two AB PLC 5s over DH+ and 3 TI 505s over ethernet to serial converters. Everything worked fine.

The new logic module is runnning Factory talk v 7 and Kepware v5. I have recreated the kepware project in v5 and I can get the runtime to work on my laptop. When I try to load the .mer on to the panelview I can not get it to connect to the TIs.

I have made sure the correct Kepserverex drivers are loaded on the panelview.

When I check the Kepserver folder for the HMI project there is a default.pfe file and settings.ini. The new version of Kepserverex only creates .opf files. I believe that you no longer need to point Factorytalk to the .pfe file to use and that it automatically grabs the open kepserver project and uses that. Is this correct? How do I get my kepserver settings into Factorytalk v8? Any other ideas what my problem could be?

Thanks