Red Lion Graphite on Ethernet/IP Network with CLX PLC

einnh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Quick question.

If I install a Red Lion Graphite HMI w/ one of the digital input/output modules attached to an Ethernet/IP network with CLX PLC is it possible to map the IO on the Red Lion unit so it's readable from the PLC?

Example, attach an operator button to the Graphite unit IO and have that status available to the PLC.

Thanks,

Eric

I have never used the onboard I/O but, you should be able to map the I/O to a RL Flag Tag. Then map that Flag tag to a PLC BOOL Tag. Set the RL Tag Access to Read and Write or Write Only.

Then when the RL Flag Tag goes true the PLC will read it and set the corresponding tag true.

I've used a number of them already. Create a tag in your PLC then import to Crimson. Add a gateway block with that tag, then drag whichever I/O to that block. No need to create a tag for the RLC I/O as the module shows up as an option to select from. Pretty simple, and works great.