RSLogix minor but annoying issue

grnick50

Lifetime Supporting Member
It is my first time I am using RSlogix for a project.
I am writing code in FBD and I am having the following issue.

Every time I am copy-pasting moving an element or inserting an instruction, the screen sort of jumps arround like it is trying to keep the focus in the item I am moving. Is there a way to disable that?

Regards

Try zooming out a lot so the entire sheet you are working with fits on the screen.
This way there is no need for it to pan around.

I know. What I mean is that if I zoom out then I cannot see the code as it looks very small.

Yes, unfortunately you have to bounce back and forth between Zooming In to edit the code and then Zooming Out to Copy/Paste.

If you know you will be copying a section of code, build it off to the side, away from the bulk of the existing code. This way it will be easier to select and copy... without squinting and selecting stuff you don't want because its too close.

Its what I do to get around this quirky issue in RSLogix. There is no clean way to do it that I know of.
I do this all the time and it works very well.

Open up another session of RSlogix with the items that you want to copy.
Alt Tab between the two.
That can sometimes be confusing too.

The best way to use Function blocks is to drop one in a single sheet, then use it in ladder logic. Just my option. No technician at 2am is going to know how to figure it out anyway. But they all can muddle thru ladder logic.

The best way to use Function blocks is to drop one in a single sheet, then use it in ladder logic. Just my option. No technician at 2am is going to know how to figure it out anyway. But they all can muddle thru ladder logic.

A technician at 2AM should be able to handle anything.
An electrician isn't going to be going online with a PLC in the modern world.

I'm done dumbing down programs to the "Bubba" level. It's time to give up on that, or just continue to use only legacy hardware.