I/o problems

croweja

I have a module fault error (Code 16#0204) connection request timed out error from my proton diameter gauge. I can see the node through rslinx through my ethernet connection. My I/O is flashing green and saying not responding. IP addresses are correct. What am i missing.

Connection request timed out would usually indicate to me that I've missed something or got something wrong in my communication parameters on one device or the other. Have a poke through all the communication settings for both devices and make sure you know what they all do and that they're set correctly. If you can post screenshots of the comms setup dialogs for both devices someone else might be able to pick something up as well

The fact that you can see the device in the RSLinx browse is good; that suggests that it's on the network at the address you expect and that it's running firmware that responds to the "List Identity" command.

Error code 0x0204 is an ordinary connection timeout. The controller's trying to get an I/O connection established and it's not succeeding.

Are you using a Unicast connection or a Multicast connection ? Some devices support just Multicast.

If the manufacturer doesn't have troubleshooting tools, my usual step is to get a switch with a mirror port and use that to capture the traffic to and from the device with Wireshark.

Using a unicast connection. Figured out that the ethernet chip in the gauge was not working properly would come and go. Used the 232 port instead not ideal but working. Going to send gauge out for repair when line comes down. Thanks for all the suggestions