RS500 Shortcuts

sobrio35

Hi, I'm very new to programming in ladder logic, and wondered if there was a good resource for shortcuts. For example, if I'm looking at a main page with 120 rungs how do I quickly skip to rung, say, 79? Just keyboard shortcuts, things like that. Actually interested in shortcuts in RS500 and RS5000. Thanks!!

sobrio35

Last edited:
Although I dont know the specific shortcut you used as an example, you can find the keyboard shortcuts in the RSLogix500 software under:

Help > User Interface > Common Keyboard Shortcuts.

You snuck in an edit there,
You can find the same list in Logix5000 help file also.
The link that M.N. posted is good too.

BCS

Last edited:
Ctrl+E and Ctrl+Tab are my two favourites for RSLogix5000. Ctrl+E is your cross reference shortcut (cross reference is very good in RSL5K), and Ctrl+Tab will rotate your view between cross reference, logic, and tag windows. Very quick for switching back and forth

For RSLogix 500, there is one option that seems to be disabled by default (not sure why).

Tools->Options
System Preferences
"Advanced Diagnostics" Check the "Integrate Advanced Diagnostics in Project Tree".

With that enabled, all of your Rung Titles become shortcut links to that run in your ladder tree on the left. Double click on the title and you are taken right to the rung. Without the option enabled, I believe the shortcuts only appear if you are online with the processor.

for 5K - look under View > Toolbars > Bookmark Toolbar ... you'll probably like that one ... (note that in older versions this was called "Language Editor Editing" ... don't ask why - nobody knows) ...

in 500 try pressing Ctrl-G for "Go To" ... among other things, you can just type in 2:79 to go to rung 79 in file 2 ...