Control ATV32 via ethernet by Modicon340

igimas

Hi, I need to help with my problem. I have to control screw pump which is connected directly to ATV32. ATV32 has a lubricating press, that is connected on the R2 Relay output on the ATV32. If I want to turn on pump, firstly it must be turning on press and then pump. So I need to send command from M340 to ATV logic, but it must not be direct command to start. In M340 I send Word block which contains commands to start ATV32 but I dont send it directly to address 8501 which is Control word, because it would cause immediately turning on pump. So I send it to logical address 12911.
In ATV logic I use block Read Reg Param where I use LA01, logical address is 12911. I separate third bit (it should be bit for start). Then this bit is processed by my logic (immediately turning on R2 and delay on this bit). And in the end output of delay this bit is taking back to word. This word I send to block Write Reg Param on the LA02, address 8501.
Is it my procedure right? Mainly I am not sure about address. Unfortunately now I dont have that ATV32 and on Monday I have to put into operation that. Thanks for help.
EDIT: Control the pump and the press must be indenpendent on the PLC. If the PLC is broken pump will be controled be switch connected on the LI inputs on the ATV32

Last edited:
There is a control output word to directly control the outputs
If you use this control word you need to make sure that the output is not assigned to any function