RSLINX Communication

Dragosvr6

Hello guys,
As you can see I am new to this forum. I have a problem that I can not find anywhere on the internet.
RSLINX Classic 3.71
RSLOGIX 500 9.0.5
VMWare Windows 7 Ultimate 4 cores and 4 GB RAM

I am trying to communicate with the Automation network that we have in the company, via ETHERNET. I configure my Ethernet/ IP driver, I can see all the nodes that are browsed, it refreshes. Everything works perfect this far. The real problem is when I open a 5/05 project in rslogix 500 in this case, and I try to go online with the processor, I get different errors from Rslogix 500. I get these errors: processor not responding OR Corrupted processor or unknown processor OR Upload Failed! Communication Errors!. Three different types of errors. I even configured an ethernet device driver, i see the target processor but I get the same errors. I want to mention also, that when I connect physically on the processor, it works. When I ping the processor that I want to connect to, I don't loose any packets. I tried to delete the harmony files, it still does not work, I tried to use the repair button from control panel to repair rslinx still a no. I have no idea what else can be. I am desperate to understand why I cant connect, when I m plugged to the network and I can see all the nodes, in rslinx.

I want to mention that we have two other laptops, my colleagues. When I connect from their laptop with the same exact file, or when I upload from the processor directly, everything works fine. I compared their rslinx with mine to see if there are any differences, but there aren't any.

Sorry for my english, and thank you for your help. I hope you guys understand my problem.

What I would do:
compare on all three laptops:
1. running processes
2. software versions
3. ethernet settings
4. run CCleaner (I use the free one) https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
5. ask your AB supplier about the issue
Are you running virtual XP? I still use XP, but my niche is legacy. I have several laptops going back to DOS6.22; WIN95; WIN98; W2K; XP with REAL serial ports... more reliable to me than VIRTUAL.... BUT... just ask Rockwell or AB if you haven't already. I have not had great results so far on W7 and Rockwell.

I don't think that the SLC 5/05 supports EthernetIP. Try using the standard ethernet driver instead.

I think that Andybr has it nailed ...

I don't think that the SLC 5/05 supports EthernetIP. Try using the standard ethernet driver instead.

set up the Ethernet Devices driver ... you'll have to know (or discover) the IP address of the SLC-5/05 ... and you'll have to type that IP address into the Ethernet Devices driver ...

I know that this is going to sound crazy - but the letters "IP" in the Ethernet/IP terminology/name do not stand for the same thing as the letters "IP" when we talk about Internet Protocol ... (please don't shoot the messenger) ...

here in (too small) a nutshell is the problem you're facing ... the Ethernet/IP driver will automatically browse the network and automatically find devices that are Ethernet/IP "compliant" (that's the good news) ... the tricky part is that some (usually older) devices might indeed have an IP address - but yet (I know it's crazy) those older devices might not be Ethernet/IP compliant ...

let us know how this works out for you ... it's a common problem ...

if you have a TechConnect contract, take a look at Knowledgebase Article 45952 ... basically in short simple terms it tells you that the most reliable Ethernet driver to use for all Allen-Bradley devices is the UN-automatic Ethernet Devices driver ...

Last edited: