Siemens

rmonroe

R
In our plant we have the Siemens S5 115 PLC’s and S5 95. I have had experience with the Siemens S7 300, but I do not recall if the S7 programming software work’s for Step-5 family. I’m laying out our maintenance budget and would like to purchase the software package.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

rmonroe

Confusion, confusion, confusion.

In Siemens-talk, S- refers to hardware; STEP- refers to software. Then it's match the numbers.

You use STEP5 to program S5. You use STEP7 to program S7. No, you can not use STEP5 to program S7 or STEP7 to program S5.

Regards

Ken.

Siemens STEP7 is for S7 only.
Siemens STEP5 is very expensive (approx. 3000 EURO). And it is very cumbersome to use as the core of the program originates all the way back to CP/M (operating system from before DOS).

Search for "S5 for windows". Its easier to understand than STEP5 and also much cheaper (approx. 500 EURO I think).