Modicon Telemechanique PL7 - Mapping I/O to Memory

chrisj91

Been a while since I've posted but here goes:

I'm using an old Modicon Telemechanique Premium PLC Model: TSX 572623 w/ Ethernet (now taken over by Schneider Electric).

My task is to monitor their existing sequence within the PLC on their WonderWare project.

I have successfully installed a DAServer which can access bits from the PLC - however, it can only access Memory bits, not physical I/O addresses.

I need an easy way to sort of MOVE or COPY the physical addresses to memory bits without having to do each bit individually (there are a LOT of I/O).

Having worked with the likes of Siemens and Allen Bradley, I would normally use a MOV or COP (in RSLogix) command and address it at the word level which is quick and easy. However, this being one of my first experiences with this software/PLC, I am struggling to find the correct command, even after searching through their help files and pdfs etc.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated!

Found a solution for anyone who may stumble upon this.

I didn't really understand the addressing and syntax etc first off but basically you need to use an Operate block.

This block then needs to be input with the following:

%[TargetAddress]:[ArrayLength]:=%[SourceAddress]:[ArrayLength]

Example:
I copied the state of 32 channels from Input Card 2 to Memory Addresses starting at 200.
So...

%M200:32:=%I2.0:32

The addresses on the left take on the state of the values from the addresses on the right of the :=