Control logix L72-download without stoping PLC

sandy5020

Is there any option to download without stoping the plc as I am working on the uploaded program from an existing control logix system

Edits can be made online but not a complete download. A download wipes out the last program. What would the CPU execute while the download is occurring. I think you want to look into online editing, quite a bit can be done while the program is running.

Hi,

no I have created some logic in the existing program,,,,,so online edit not possible i guess,,,,, I was able to achieve this in gefanuc plc's as downloading program only.....

you can import a subroutine or a program while online and select import as pending this will allow you to accept changes just as if you did online edits.

I have done offline editing on several occasions then connected to existing running program. So two instances of Logix5000 running online and offline with changes. you can now copy offline an paste into online. then compile and run. I typically try to limit the size but have even added programs then pasted code into them. I have not encountered a problem but again i try to limit the size of my copy paste.

when I am connected to control logix L72 plc with my rslogix5000 v20 everything is fine and uploaded

but when i opened ethernet module and clicked on " module info " property i get a popup message saying" Physical module does not match module configured in project"... electronic keying is in "compatible mode"

my question is if download any problem will occur???

thanks
sandy

Change the module configuration in your project to match the module that is installed in the processor. There is no reason NOT to do this.

I have done offline editing on several occasions then connected to existing running program. So two instances of Logix5000 running online and offline with changes. you can now copy offline an paste into online. then compile and run. I typically try to limit the size but have even added programs then pasted code into them. I have not encountered a problem but again i try to limit the size of my copy paste.

Yes, works good, I've frequently done the same but in the end its still online editing. I think the OP would like to just hit download, and the changed code replaces the running code. Siemen's Step 7, Mitsubishi's Melsoft, and I'm sure a few others works this way.