2711p reset

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
Looking for a way to reset a 2711P t10c1 or access the configuration screen.
The original program did not provide one. On the old Panelviews you could touch the square in the corner on a boot. In the 2711P Manual there are 2 buttons on the side you insert a thin probe on for safe mode, Is this it
To restart in Safe Mode:
The switches that control Safe Mode are located on the right side of
the Logic Module above the Compact Flash card slot.
• Insert a thin probe into the hole marked DEFAULT and press the
switch, then;
• Insert the probe into the hole marked RESET and press the
switch. The system will restart immediately into the Safe Mode

Yes, that will restart the terminal in Safe Mode. I don't know for sure if it will erase the current program, though.

Another way to get to Configuration Mode is to connect a USB keyboard and give the terminal the "four finger salute": press Ctrl+Alt+Del+Win simultaneously.

That should let you end the FactoryTalk View ME runtime and put you back into Configuration Mode.

Another way to get to Configuration Mode is to connect a USB keyboard and give the terminal the "four finger salute": press Ctrl+Alt+Del+Win simultaneously.

That should let you end the FactoryTalk View ME runtime and put you back into Configuration Mode.

Good Lord Ken...how did I not know that? Every time I think I've finally figured out most things about an AB platform, you end up posting something that I wish I'd known just a few months prior!!! Lol! Thanks...good stuff!

I tried the Ctrl+Alt+Del+Win simultaneously but did not work I tried both USB ports on unit. I tried several times and combinations of pressing the Default and reset butto and it only re booted the screen like a power up. Later I tried again and the reset booted up a screen prompting me to download a firmware upgrade. This was a used screen with a password protect so I cant get to config screen. Trying to set up coms and find the IP on the screen asking me if I want to download a firmware upgrade it said terminal IP was 127.0.0.1 Does this sound right I thought IP WAS XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

The combination is actually Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Win. Basically just mash your fist on the bottom left corner of your keyboard (I often wonder if that's how it was discovered :ROFLMAO:)

BTW, that Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Win trick was removed in later versions of firmware. I know that it doesn't work on v6.0, I don't know exactly when it was removed though - it's worked for me before on older units

No problem - it's not very often I get a chance to correct something you've posted, although quite often it's the other way around! ;)