RSView 32 RecipePro to FTV SE recipes?

dginbuffalo

Hello,

I am still working on a conversion project from RSView32 to FTV SE. It appears all the recipes on the View32 system were stored in RecipePro's *.RDB file.

Does anyone know how to convert that file to individual *.RCP files that SE can use? Or am i going to do a lot of typing?? šŸ™ƒ

Thanks in advance.

I Googled convert RSVIEW32 to FTV SE and similar terms, along with "conversion utility" ... did not come up with anything concrete. Did you ask your AB supplier? That is their job to get answers. Please do let us all know if you find a solution.

I'm not sure about the recipe system in View32, but I seem to recall it was functional. In FTView SE, the recipes are just text files, and one step above being completely useless.

It is probably easier to roll your own, storing them in a database like SQL Server or Express.

thought i would post back on this. I did not find a solution (really didn't look hard either). Since most of the recipes are the same except for 1 or 2 fields, we made 1 recipe and they are just copying and saving when they need to run different products.