S5 to PC (using rs232/tty cable) serial data capture

Onigece

Guys,
Did anyone tried capturing the serial data being transmitted "from PC to Siemens S5 CPU" which are connected via serial/tty cable?
I actually wanted to know the format of data being transmitted so that I will see which particular memory of S5 of the are being addressed when I change the "set point value of pressure".
Thanks!

The program in PC computer that communicates with the S5 PLC (via RS232/TTY cable) is using AS511/RK512/MODNET 1/N.
How do these protocols appear in a captured serial port?
I am intending to use PortMon software to capture the serial data.

Similar Topics

I have wasted a week trying to figure out how to connect an SLC5/03 with my laptop. I do not have and can not Buy the 1747 UIC and PC3 cables. I...
Replies
Views
We have a third-party rs232 cable, can we connect it to the Rockwell PLC-5/30 and upload the program ? The controller is an Allen Bradley 1785-L30B .
Replies
Views
Hello i am trying to make a connection between my arduino uno and plc delta ss2 using rs232 com1 RTU protocol. The problem here that i did all the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am an apprentice and ee student and I have been trying get a slc 5/03 to report temperature data and system status history at a fixed...
Replies
Views
I have a Hitachi interface converter Rs232/Rs422 cable that I'm trying to connect a PC to a D100. When i try to connect, it tries for about 30...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom