JAVA (TM) Platform SE Binary

UKB

Hiya - I'm having some trouble trying to install the PILZ configurator software.
I can get to the stage where the product registration key is asked for, at that point the interface locks up and I get this error code:

"JAVA (TM) platform SE binary is not responding"

I have tried to resolve this doing thr following things;

1) Update windows SP and other windows updates.
Update Java to version 8, 40.
restart.

2) Uninstalled everything and repeated the process but with admin rights.

3) Uninstalled everything and backdated java to version6_20 (this is a version my colleague is running the software on)

4) Java JDK & JDE installed.

I haven't tried running it via a VM yet, but I shouldn't have to, and as such I'm reluctant to do so.

My colleague has a identical laptop (I guess not quite identical :confused: ) Which runs the software fine.

Any help would be appreciated,
regards,

UKB

Resolved almost.

Set user access privileges to read / write to the installation drive , not just to installation folder.

ver 9.6 still doesn't work. Java error.

ver 8 appears to work so far.