Electrical drawing standards

josepholka

Hello all,
I work at a small company and there for wear many hats such as many of you I am sure. on top of being a Programmer I create Electrical schematics panel designs and some times build the panels.
I have been tasked with creating a drawing standard for my company.;)

What I am looking for is some documents or books that layout Electrical standards for Electrical document creation.

I currently use a ******* collection of IEC and NEMA symbols and style that I learned a million years ago in tech school.

Thank you all up front.

Yes sir,
Slipped my mind right now I use Draft sight for electrical drawings and solid works for panel layout. we are working towards a license for solid works electrical.

Can't you buy a drawing program for electrical drawings? In it should be the correct symbols. I use one very basic myself but it's Swedish only.

I use Draftsight,too. Just at the start had to create my own database of every symbol I use, and still occasionally add a new symbol when I build a new panel.

Fortunately (for me at least) I only write my schematics in NEMA, but I do frequently encounter IEC in the field so I had to learn to read it & make updates as needed.