Zero-Force™ Touch Buttons

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anybody had any Experience changing standard Mushroom head Push buttons with 800Z Zero-Force™ Touch Buttons?
Do operators like them or Hate them?
I don’t have any experience at all, but I would think that they may take some getting used to.

800Z-GL3.PNG

Has anybody had any Experience changing standard Mushroom head Push buttons with 800Z Zero-Force™ Touch Buttons?
Do operators like them or Hate them?
I don’t have any experience at all, but I would think that they may take some getting used to.

I haven't used the AB models before but have used the Banner Opto-touch units extensively. The operators I've been around seem to like them and they are superior for ergonomics. I don't know options the AB units have but I would expect them to have some kind of shroud top prevent accidental operation.

I used them but it has been awhile. They are good for a setup where it requires the operator to have both hands on the operator buttons at the same time. Like a trim press etc. it helps with fatigue of Standred button pushing

We've used them over the Banner units in some operations. These use a double capacitive circuit of some sort. That way, they activate by a hand and not an object like a screwdriver or smock (Yes, that has happened with the Banners, even with a guard over them... ;) ). They can however, be a bit finicky depending on the type of glove the operator is wearing.

Guards are also available for these.

We have Banner units on some equipment and the A-B units you show on some equipment. They work great, and as JordanCClark, the A-B units seem to be a little better at ignoring foreign objects.

One shop I worked in removed all the Zero-Force buttons after one large breasted lady leaned into the machine to clean out the die & her breasts triggered the machine cycle - fortunately the machine was equipped with positive restraint pullbacks that she didn't disconnect before reaching in & they yanked her out of the machine.

I'd say thats funny if the end result wasnt so serious. Come to think of it, I believe I recall I've used them with the hoop style covers that only allows a hand to cover it coming in from the side.

Has anyone noticed how people tend to push harder on these buttons if something does not start right away? I guess subconciously humans are still expecting some kind of tactile feedback to their actions.

One shop I worked in removed all the Zero-Force buttons after one large breasted lady leaned into the machine to clean out the die & her breasts triggered the machine cycle - fortunately the machine was equipped with positive restraint pullbacks that she didn't disconnect before reaching in & they yanked her out of the machine.

Did it have an anti tie down circuit?

I have known this to hapen with Zero force buttons that were not connected to an anti tie down relay but never with one.

Did it have an anti tie down circuit?

Yes, it had proper 2-hand controls with anti-tie down that their mainenance department tested fully each PM. I wrote down the full proceedure & each step for them to follow & check off - it's just the operator happened to trigger the 2-hand cycle within the allotted 0.25 seconds with both buttons.