LogicMaster error

garym4569

Anyone know what error "E62-Maximum program block size has been reached" means. It occurs when I try to edit the ladder program.
Logicmaster- GE90-30

Thanks in advance

gm

Yes it means that the Block you are attempting to edit is already at its maximum size.
You may be able to split it into two or more Blocks.
Need to know more details about which CPU and how big the current program is and how many Blocks already used to say for sure though.

You REALLY need to update to a modern system. LogicMaster has been dead for more than 15 years currently the software should be Proficy Machine Edition.

Last edited:
CPU331
Program size:9024 used, 16k available
Block=870

I am not adding logic, just trying to change an integer value in a compare instruction.

gm

You may have to stop the PLC to make the change.

The way the CPU331 handles program changes while running is to first download the changed program block to available memory while still running the original block. Once the download is complete, the pointer to the start of the program block is changed from the original block to the new block.
If you do a lot of changes while running, eventually the memory gets fragmented and you reach a point where there is no longer a single block of memory big enough to hold your modified program block.
When you do a download to the PLC while stopped, the CPU defragments the memory which will allow you to once again make changes while running.