sieman function codes

rowens

I have a written copy of a program for a machine to study.work not school.
It was originally written in german.
some things are translated for me.
does anyone have a list of function codes -descriptions?
also one word "Ruckholung".what does it translate to?
I have allen bradley but not sieman software.
any help is appreciated.

seiman

I downloaded the manual.
the cpu I am using is a cpu313.
the manual is mostly what I was originally looking for.

the written program has some networks with inputs that I understand.
some of the outputs are square blocks with the word EN in the bottom left corner, ENO inthe bottom right corner. and letters in the center such as FC20 or FC3.
I think that this is a function code.
am I correct?
the book that I downloaded I have not found a reference to this.
it gives a good detail of the different functions but I do not know what a FC3 FC20 is referencing.
can someone lead me in the right direction?

rowens

FC20 and FC3 are function blocks that are either user defined or they are pre-written function available in the simatic net function library or the standard function library.

FC3 in the Simatic net library is DP_DIAG, this is the diagnostics request function call for a CP3**. It is also in the standard library under the IEC function blocks as D_TOD_DT, This function combines the data formats DATE and TIME_OF_DAY (TOD) together and converts these formats to the data type format DATE_AND_TIME (DT).

FC20 is also in the IEC function library, LEFT, This function provides the first L characters of a string (where L stands for a number). If L is greater than the current length of the STRING variables, the input value is returned. With L = 0 and with a blank string as the input value, a blank string is returned. If L is negative, a blank string is returned and the binary result (BR) bit of the status word is set to “0".

You could write your own function block and label them FC3 or FC20, this is okay to do providing you do not wish to use the standard FC's from the library. When I write a program for a S7, I tend to split the program up into various stages and program these stages in functions (FC's), then in OB1, I call these FC's

I hope I have explained that in a way that you can follow.

Paul

They say a picture tells a 1000 words, so here's 3 pictures showing the location in the library of the FC's you mention.

First FC20:-

FC20.JPG

Now FC3 in relation to a CP3**:-

FC3-CP3.JPG

And lastly, FC3 in the IEC standard library:-

FC3-IEC.JPG

Paul

German

If you need to get the German translated go to www.worldlingo.com you can enter the words or sentances and get a translation from most languages to any other language.
If part of the written copy has a printout of the Function blocks FC3 and FC 20 then it was written for the project - if not it would be a Siemens standard block that is protected.
EN is the link to energise the block, ENO is the block is energised output

Siemens course ST-7PRO1 (ST-7PRO2)

I can send you siemens course ST-7PRO1 and ST-7PRO2. It is simply to study.
Like its you can see at PLCS.net File Manager (Contents_DP_FMS_RPOFIBUS.rar)

Plucas
I follow most of what you said.
I do not have the software at this time.
I am trying to get management to purchase a copy.
This makes working on this equipment very hard.
if I had the program on the laptop I could send something so you could see what they done.

I am self taught mostly on omron and some mitsubishi by trial and error and have missed the understanding of some functions.Seimans seems to have more capabilities.

I really appreciate all of your help.