SLC 500 Instruction Set Flash Cards

Jasondelane

Lifetime Supporting Member
I couldn't find any flash cards online set up for instruction sets, so I'm creating my own instead. I guess this might help new guys like me that hate having to look up every new instruction we come across.

Go to http://quizlet.com/_18q6h2 for the flash cards, or use the Quizlet app to pull them up. I'll have flash cards for other instruction sets soon.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Thanks for taking the time to do this! I'm sure a lot of beginners will find it useful, and it's a good brain tease for the people that have been doing it for years.

Aren't you just providing the same (or less) data than the "Instruction Help", integrated into the programming software, already provides... ???

I also like the built-in Help for every RSLogix instruction, but some like to go old-school and have it on cardboard too.

I may be off base here, but I think the point of the flash cards is so that when you see an instruction, you can know quickly what in general the instruction does. Naturally, if you need detailed information, then you would go to the instruction help or other sources. For me it was a refresher on instructions that I don't see in my day to day work. And as such it was worth my time to flip through them a couple of times.

True, but I can't think of any programs where you would not need to know in detail how an instruction works.

The big reason to use them might be if you are memorizing for homework, or to take a student test.

Last edited: