RSlogix500 programming help

Snap25

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm doing a little project in my basement to continue to gain more knowledge on programming.

I have a 6" pipe filling with water and once the level sensor(NC) says its full it shuts off the pump and infeed valve and then starts a timer. Once the pipe is full for 30 seconds it turns on the drain valve...

The problem I'm having is as soon as it starts draining and drops the level the infeed valve and pump turn back on!.. I know its probably simple logic but I cant seem to wrap my head around it. Ive tried a few things and it didn't work.

I guess I need to get it to drain for X amount of seconds before it pumps water back in and restarts the cycle...

Anyone willing to give me hand? I attached a copy of the program for you to see whats going on (its a mess sorry.. I'm still working on organization and design strategies)

13531.jpg

Attachments

• Project.zip
    17 KB · Views: 12
I tweaked your program a little. I commented the rungs at the end that I changed or added.

I changed the name of the level sensor. An input should be named for the condition sensed when the input is turned ON. Don't just name the device (use the description for that).

The parallel contact in the last rung (/TT) is ON while a timer is timing but turns off when the timer is done (/DN).

Of course an 'empty' sensor would be more accurate, but that's for later.

I changed the name of the level sensor. An input should be named for the condition sensed when the input is turned ON. Don't just name the device (use the description for that).

Thanks for the tip! Also, thanks for helping with my issue.. I'm going to give it a try after dinner!