Linx Classic "not responding"

blkfalc4

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, hopefully someone can steer me in a direction that I haven't tried yet.

Classic V2.59; win7/32
Running RS500 Pro 8.10 cpr9 (haven't tried 5k yet)

I can browse and see the cpu's just fine but when I try to connect it appears to hang. And if I click on anything again I get a RS Linx Classic not responding in the title bar and a windows pop up asking me to "shut down program/or give it time to respond".

Tried thus far with no change:
1. cable setups with another pc and it works fine.
2. setting different compatibility modes.
3. deleting harmony files.
4. as service and app.

Any and all ideas/help would be much appreciated.

TIA
Mike

Are you looking at the CPU's with linx or with RS500 ? If you are "seeing" the CPU with Linx then quit Linx and , in RS500 go to Comms , Who active .
Navigate to the CPU .

Are you looking at the CPU's with linx or with RS500 ? If you are "seeing" the CPU with Linx then quit Linx and , in RS500 go to Comms , Who active .
Navigate to the CPU .

Either/or,,,,same outcome.

Thru 500 I can see but stops when I choose online: upload: or download.

What PLC model are you trying to connect to . Sorry for the delay replying , internet connection not permitted where I was working .

So one thing that can happen is that some programs load RSLinx as a "service" and it stays that way after you shut down the original program, so when you try to launch Linx next time, it comes back as a service to the software you are no longer running so it won't launch again, but you don't know why.

So to fix that, go to your Windows Start button => All Programs => Rockwell Software => then find RSLix Classic Control Panel, launch that and you will get a pop-up window telling you that it is already running as a "Service". Click the button that says "Stop", then you can re-start it.

Pal, 551, 553 so far, but I suspect any will be the same outcome.

jraef, tried that as well, #4 original post.

Now I can't try linx with rs5k either. All of a sudden it's asking for a user name and password. Never setup one so I have no idea what it would be.

Sux big time. :(

OK,,,RS5k fixed, now back to original problem.

rdrast, thanks for input. going to use that as last resort. Hopefully can come up with something before using that route.

Strange how I can browse the and see the cpus but just can't do anything more.

Getting a 'Diagnostic status failed 0xFFFFFFFD' when I try to connect to the node.