Sdk

theripley

Hi.

A new client have a requirement for an automated system, which involves plc programming & computer programming (for automatic inventory system). They wanted us to do the plc programming (easy for us), and they hired a separate team for the computer programming. The computer programming team requires us to do an sdk so they can link our program to their inventory system.

I have never tried it before, but I am sure someone in here knows a lot about it. Please enlighten me about this sdk-making-scenario. Thank you.

If they are developing in .NET, AdvancedHMI is as close to a PLC interfacing SDK as you will ever get. It's used with Visual Studio and has a Toolbox full of communication drivers for AB, Omron, TwinCAT, and Modbus along with visual controls that automatically connect to the drivers. The native drivers are designed to be much easier to use than OPC. You can think of AdvancedHMI as an HMI software that can be used to create an HMI without the need to write code for non-developers, but yet also gives full access to VB and C# to software developers that want to use it as an application development framework.

There are many users that have directly imported their existing .NET applications into AdvancedHMI to add a PLC interface.