Panelview Front Vinyl Repair

WillardWhite

W
Has anyone ever replaced the vinyl overlay on a PV600 touchscreen? Is this part available from AB? Or have you found a way to remove the scratches from highly used areas on the screen? Please post part number(s) and/or procedures you've tried along with degree of success. Thanks

Do not knpw about the replacement, but you could install an anti-glare overlay available from AB.
There are two available for PV600.
2711-NV5 and 2711-NV4T
Checked with AB support to see which is right for your PV600.

I think shahn4 is right - if your "vinyl overlay" is one of these anti-glare overlays, you should be able to replace it. Otherwise, I think you are out of luck

Willard,
There are many after market chemical solutions that claim to cover or hide scratches on products such as you have. I don't know if their claims are founded or not. I have never tried to repair the screen overlay myself. I have seen others who tried, some quite sucessful, others not. A friend of mine that had one that turned out bad told me it was a good excuse to replace the old one anyway! The old unit was pretty bad to start with and ANY improvement would have been a blessing.

bitmore..

Thanks to all for responses, I hope I can resolve this without using AB repair $ervice$. I never thought of the eye-glass resurfacer I've seen on TV, I bet that stuff will do it. I'll get some and try it, results to follow.

BTW: Bitmore, "automation alley" is that what they call the "I-75 corridor" now? Just curious, I left MI eight years ago for the warmth of the South. I'm telling my age but, I remember when M-59 was a two lane blacktop.