Stratix 5700 Express Setup problem

myxhir

Good Afternoon
I have problem with finishing express setup. I did all what was described in manual: turned off all networks, turned off proxy (internet options -> conections ->Lan and i checked automatic detect of config) then i pressed express setup button and i connected my computer (with dynamic IP settings) then i typed address of switch acording to UM (and later i typed some words in broser and it redirected me automaticly to login page) then i typed login: admin and password switch and i only received blank white page with description above Device manager. I tooked help in RAControls but they can not help me. Maybe someone have the same issue. I Configured one Stratix 5700 2 months ago and i didnt have this problem. If i make some syntax mistakes please forgive me :)

Try a different browser like Google Chrome. Some versions of IE don't do well with device manager in my experience. Chrome oe Firefox will not have any of these issues.

This can also hapen if it booted with a flash card in place and then it was removed.

Make sure your browser, Internet Explorer / Chrome etc has its language set to English. I cannot remember where I saw this, probably the KB but you need to have your browsers language set to English or you get a white page.

Thanks for answers.
About Chrome FF, i also checked connection with switch on this 2 browsers and it was the same results. I will try to change language, maybe it will help, but if not there are any other solutions ?

Dear All
Once again thanks for Your answer. Today i've got answer from Rockwell Automation Technical Support. One of solution included changeing input language in browser and that solution helped me so Usireland Your solution was shoot in ten :)

below i'm giving my respond from RA TS, maybe someone will have similar problem in the future :)
I used Chrome to do it

Solution 1
This is caused by a compatibility issue with the web browser in use. Must use Internet Explorer V9.0 or higher, or Mozilla Firefox V25 or higher. Also, must have Java Script enabled.
If using newer versions of Internet Explorer have the user turn on Compatibility Mode or have them try Firefox. If the issue remains try a firmware upgrade.
To view the Stratix switch webpage in Compatibility Mode in Internet Explorer:
1. Navigate to Tools --> Compatibility View Settings in Internet Explorer
2. Enter in the IP Address of the Stratix switch under Add this website:
3. Select Add
4. Restart Internet Explorer
If the switch is a Stratix 5700 and is booted from the SDCard ensure that the SDCard is still inserted into the switch. If the SDCard is missing then the switch will not be able to access the web page.
The Stratix web page will be shown blank after upgrading to firmware 15.2(1)EY1.FC2 if you are not using an English (EN-US) version of Firefox (for example Italian, United Kingdom, German or French version of Firefox). The permanent solution to this is to upgrade the switch firmware to the latest.
Work arounds for each browser are listed below:
For Google Chrome:
1. Open the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings and scroll down to the Languages section
4. Click Language and input settings... --> Add --> English (United States)
5. With English (United States) selected, click Display Google Chrome in this language
6. Restart Google Chrome and connect to the device manager
For Firefox:
Ensure that the version listed in Add or Remove Programs is Mozilla Firefox (EN-US). The Mozilla Firefox (EN-GB) will not work.
For Internet Explorer:
There is no know work around as of yet

Had an issue using firefox whereby upon entering the express setup page IP and entering the username and password I would receive an error "404 page not found". Firefox was in English US. tried Chrome and IE and had the same issue. Tried Chrome once more, this time clicking "Display chrome in this language" and it worked straight away. Half a day wasted! Thank you for posting the solution! Hope this helps others.

Remove the SD card and try

Recently I had that 404 Not found the issue and I solved it by removing the SD card while the stratix was OFF then I performed the express setup and it worked it showed the web browser

Stratix 5700 setup issues

I was having issues connecting to a Stratix 5700 and tried resetting to defaults using long button press technique. I could still not login to the interface following the procedure in the manual. I spoke with Rockwell and they directed me to this tech note which is not noted in the manual:

Stratix Initial Configuration: Express Setup

I thought I would share it here for all in case it will help others. Its a complete guide.