Osr,ons!

aliplc1

Hi,

I'm using studio 5000. I'm trying to figure out the difference between OSR and ONS. Any small ladder example with explanation?

Thank you,

Essentially, just the format, and the fact the the OSR needs to have a defined output bit.

ONS can be used in a rung, and everything following it will be triggered once for every false to true transition of the input logic.

OSR, by having a defined output bit, can be used to one-shot multiple later rungs in the scan for each false to true transition of its input logic.

Similar Topics

We have a vendor that loves ONS logic. It does ok as long as things run as expected. Well we all no nothing runs as expected for very long. If the...
Replies
Views
Hello, Can someone give me a practical examples of OSR and ONS in real life ? I know how it works but i need to know where we use it. Thank you.
Replies
Views
For a Micrologix Instruction set, would you please tell me why to choose ONS vs OSR. Is there something that the ONS can do that the OSR cannot...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, can anyone explain to me what is the difference between a one-shot and one-shot rising. I understand the ONS instruction but I don’t...
Replies
Views
I have been reading this site with great interest for a couple months. This group is a pretty amazing resource. I have particularly enjoyed the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom