Down Time Analysis?

southpaw31

What do you guys use to determine the downtime of a system? We are looking at doing in house tracking of this, but no need to reinvent the wheel right? I have come across Wonderware DT Analyst and am curious how it works? What would be other options that are pre-built to monitor the machine and say "Well if this machine hadn't been starved you could have produced X instead of Y parts." or "This error is standard 40 second resolution, but it appears the operators ignored it for 5 minutes" which held you up." Just curious what options are available and which are good and which are bad.

Thanks,
Southpaw

Many of the machines I do, especially in the auto industry here, has to contain logic that calculates time running, time faulted, time starved, and time blocked. That's a general overview and some customer want more specifics but that covers most of it.