AutomationDirect DL250 , Out of Run Mode after plugging in PGM-CBL Cable

Rob S.

I was going around and uploading some AutomationDirect programs that we do not have. I went to plug in the PGM-CBL cable and the CPU went out of run mode , and all the outputs went out. Talked to Technical Support and they say that it may of been a bad ground. It is flashing like it needs to have a firmware update is what Tech Support is saying. Do you think there is a way to recover the program from that CPU. Cannot find a backup no where :(.

Thanks in advance.

I've seen that before, usually just need to put the cpu back into run mode.
Can you connect to it?
Make sure the stop/term/run switch is in terminal mode and you didn't accidently move it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if the RUN led is flashing, the PLC is stuck in firmware update mode. The only way out of it is to update the firmware.