IO selection

Abdul03

Hi Guys,

Just a general question about selecting a right IO module for the PLC. (AC or DC)

There are two types of module AC and DC. Do we have to select an input module according to the instrument or as per the AC/DC supply available in the control panel ?

Just a little confusion guys, appreciate some one clear my doubt.

Thank you,

The available supply at the panel, would not normally be the reason with going one modules, as you would normally have AC/DC available.. As rdrast said it is mainly to do with the field device. AC usually more expensive, so you need to look at weather transistor or relay suits. Your voltage coming in/out and the safety of these voltages. Can't beat 24VDC for safety

Similar Topics

I need an enclosure for wifi access points that will be outdoors. The antennas will mount outside the box but everything else inside. Standard...
Replies
Views
I am trying to implement a profibus network and am a newbie in the automation and communication industry. what are the components required for the...
Replies
Views
Dear Members; We are going to design a Simplex Control System With Following: 1. 24 Digital Inputs (SIL 2) 2. 24 Digital Outputs (SIL 2) 3. 4...
Replies
Views
Respected Members; I am going to design the PLC control system. The requirement as under: 1. Input/ Out put modules are SIL 2 certified. 24...
Replies
Views
Hello, Not able to find Modicon DO modules BMXDDO3202 in EcoStructure Control expert V15 catalogue. But i can find only MBXDDO3202K. Can you...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom