Red Lion alarm ticker blinking text

joseph_e2

Ok, I haven't used the built-in alarm ticker before. In previous projects, I would "roll my own" using a multi-state indicator that the PLC would scroll through to display the active alarms in turn. The ticker does that automatically, which I like. What I don't like is how it blinks the text of unacknowledged alarms. I think the background color is more than enough to draw attention without the text blinking, which,I find very irritating and harder to read. Is there a way to turn off the blinking text?

In case it's helpful, this is a new application in a G308A210 using Crimson 3.0 build 579.003

Thanks!

Did you try setting the option in the ticker labeled "Blink Acknowledged Alarms" to NO? Blinking acked alarms really doesn't make sense to me, I wonder if its a typo?

Ok, I haven't used the built-in alarm ticker before. In previous projects, I would "roll my own" using a multi-state indicator that the PLC would scroll through to display the active alarms in turn. The ticker does that automatically, which I like. What I don't like is how it blinks the text of unacknowledged alarms. I think the background color is more than enough to draw attention without the text blinking, which,I find very irritating and harder to read. Is there a way to turn off the blinking text?

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am having the EXACT same problem.

Also, any chance you'd be willing to share an example or your "alarm scrolling" logic? I thought about making my own logic to scroll through the active alarms, but would love if you would post an example of how you do it.

I have not resolved it yet, I'll probably just use what I made up myself.

I had a nice long post, complete with screenshots, but my computer lost its brain and I don't have time to reconstruct it tonight. Hopefully tomorrow.

I stripped out as much as I think I can. The Bore_07 project is in the very early stages. The Press project is running. unfortunately, the zip file is over 4MB so the board won't let me upload it. Send me a PM and I'll send you a link to it.