Movitools & SEW MovidriveB Setup Help

orangestorm87

I have a project setting up a MovidriveB, and using SEW Eurodrive in general, for the first time. The application is for a Hoist. I need to program the drive for position control using an external 1024 PPR encoder, and the only information coming from the supervisory PLC is to Run Up Fast, Run Up Slow, and Run Down.

Therefore I will have to use the encoder to know where the hoist is at, and then have the drive proceed to complete a cycle (again either up fast, up slow, or down).

How do I go about doing this? It seems like the table positioning application module may be what I need, bu then I saw it requires a binary input table for set positions which I won't be recieving from the PLC.

Otherwise the only thing that seems like it would work is the IPOS Assembler or IPOS Compiler. If that is the case, can anyone share some examples of programs that I can try to learn how to code this?

Thanks in advance experts.

End of the day bump?

I am now really looking for how to get position data in IPOS Compiler from an external encoder, and how to make the drive actually move the hoist.