Allen-Bradley 1786-RPFRXL relay contact rating?

dogleg43

I need to receive up a 120VAC PLC input signal from a 1789-RPFRXL fiber ring repeater module.

AB's documentation is kinda ambiguous about the repeater module's rating. It says:
Relay Contact Connector Voltage=30VDC max
Isolation Votage = 250V (relay contacts to module)

I'm understanding this to mean that I should only hook up say 24VDC to the relay contact and use it to drive an interposing relay. That interposing relay's contacts would sent 120VAC signal to my PLC (using a 24vdc PLC input module is not an option).

I have several of these to put in and if I don't NEED the relay that would save money, labor, and panel space.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

You definitely need an interposing relay to put 120V onto your PLC input, the repeater modules contacts are only rated up to 30VDC max.

Of course you will also need a 24VDC supply for the repeater's signal.

You could, to save panel space, use DIN rail mounted Solid State Relays... I'll try and find something suitable.

Dana,
No need to go to any trouble finding a relay. I already have one picked out.

The AB documentation was just a little unclear and I wanted someone else's opinion.

Thanks for your help.