power consumption

Charbel

Dear,

I am computing a rough estimate on the power consumption for UPS for a PLC cabinet, the UPS will be also serving two flowmeters (each estimated at 15VA)

PLC cabinet consumption with the HMI will be around 600 watts

With reference to the attached, when adding the flowmeters should I consider the inrush current? 3A x 260 VAC? which will occur only for less than 5ms.

please advice

power consumption flowmeter.jpg

I would look at what the inrush will be with all of the other simultaneous loads during startup cycles of the system. Unless the manufacturer of the power supply provides for some sort of 'headroom' that power needs to come from somewhere when you are in battery mode. You will need to consider the inrush in your sizing. The HMI and PLC also have an inrush to consider, and of course the 125% 'engineering factor' we like to throw in for growth and general rear-end covering.