Making great progress because of this forum!..

Snap25

Lifetime Supporting Member
I had no real PLC experience other than being in a maintenance department in an industrial plant. I've been alternating between the books in the picture below for 5 months now. I would like to say I learned quite a bit in the last 5 months and it was mostly from this forum! Well, and being fully committed to wanting to learn and spending a lot of my personal time simulating different processes in my garage with a shelf full of flow meters, transmitters, pH sensors, pressure sensors, solenoid valves, pneumatic actuated valves, AB PLC, and a good selection of I/O cards.

I'm fortunate enough to have access to Rslogix 500, 5000, and wonderware and take it home with me!

Anyways, I just wanted to show my appreciation to all the fellas that take time out of their day to help people like me learn! I will be sure to return the favor to the forum as someone answering questions instead of asking them soon!!

14448.jpg

Last edited:
How do you like the Lean Six Sigma in combination with the practical side of process control?

I signed up for a yellow belt certification in May and hope to get some benefits from it.

The six sigma book I have doesn't go into great depth but is a great reference tool!! I haven't made it to far into the Process Control book yet; I've been favoring the PLC and Stephen Covey book.