Selling a PLC

Firejo

Have any of you ever used the “buy/sell PLCs”? I tried it once but didn’t have any luck (zero response). I can’t say that it wasn’t because there wasn’t anyone who wanted what I was selling but I figured I’d get at least one inquiry.

I buy and sell a LOT but every time I look at it there is nothing there, maybe Phil could make it flash when some one post something, I would love to buy from everyone here

Every company that I've worked with used ebay to unload nonreturnable misorders and obsolete parts. However, since the market for a lot of PLC stuff is such low volume, risk averse, and looking for specific item variants, they typically don't sell well or for anywhere near what they're worth.

If you aren't selling popular Rockwell or Siemens gear, you're best bet may be to donate to a college, you may make more off the tax deduction than you could clear on ebay.

CapinWinky

The market always determines value. You may have other opinions but the market is always right.

I know it's tough watching something you paid $1000 for going for less than a $100 but that is the real value.

As always in the free market it is supply and demand. if the right person needs what you want you can get a decent price for your junk, I mean surplus. :)