AB communication

gendy

Hi

I have PLC slc500 /3, connected with panelview 550 DH485
I have to replace the panel view by another available one which is different in part number
my old one is 2711-B5A2
the new is 27711-B5A5
communication port for the new is 9 pin RS232 (DH485)
I want the way to connect new HMI with PLC
if i change port configuration for any port
how i communicate with PLC for troubleshooting?
Please mention all cables needed for configuration and operation
note
I have
1747-CP3
and PCMCIA card for laptop

Last edited:
I'll check it , but i used it for communication with PLC5 as DH+
(I didn't use it as DH 485 before)

Then you have a 1784-PCM5 or PCM6 both of these cables will work with the card and DH+, using that same card you can use a 1784-PCM4 cable and use DH485, that should be all you need, it will have the same wade flat end on one and a RJ45 on the other but the same PCMCIA card will work with both DH485 and DH+

could i use 1784PCM5 Cable for CH0 it is 9 pin connector and i will configure it as DH485
(I check price of cable found it expensive ) is there any way to make cable by my self if it is just pin out connection?

No, the small box on the PCM5 and PCM6 is a converter to DH+, the small box on the PCM4 is also a converter to DH485 so you will need the cable

You can also buy a 1747-UIC, this is USB to DH485