RsLogix 5000 motor tuning problem

jwm9876

I am new to programming PLC's and I am having some trouble with a servo motor. When I attempt to do something like autotune the motor, I get the following error every time:

Hardware Overtravel Positive
​Hardware Overtravel Negative

The current position is -362, my soft travel maximum positive is 10000, and my soft travel maximum negative is -10000.

Here the hardware specs:
AB 1769-L18ERM-BB1B
AB TLY-A130T-HJ62AA TL-Series Servo 502.200/EA 502.20 Motor

Any questions or suggestions would be appreciated.

Check your installation sheet - I believe you need to wire (or jumper) the hardware O.T. limits or configure to not use them.

You do see the difference between the hardware overtravel versus your configured soft limits, right?

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand now my error. I'll look through the manual for how to disable hardware overtravel limits.

Still having trouble

In the manual I found the following to get around the position hardware overtravel:

Tie input to 24V

So I wired 24V to the corresponding pins. The problem didn't go away unfortunately. Any theories/suggestions?

I'd have a look at the hardware manual, but seems you've provided the PLC and motor spec's but not for the servo drive?

Page 37 of this doc:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2097-um002_-en-p.pdf

says that pin 26 is +/- Overtravel, enable, and home common. Sounds like you could potentially need to connect this to pin 27,28 on the IOD connector, but it still sounds like common and definitely NOT +24 VDC.

Did you used +24 VDC from the STO connector or an external supply? I think if external supply, then pin 26 gets 0 VDC from that and +24 connects to 27 & 28. Put a meter on pins 27, 28 to ensure you have +24 there.

Motor now works

The 24V was from an external power supply. I tried 0V to pin 26 and 24V went to pins 27 and 28 like you had said and it now works.

Thank You